As the Cloud is available for free and provides enough space to store our data, it is a fantastic service that Microsoft provides to its users. Through cloud service, anyone can access their data anytime from various devices, but they will need an account to store the files and data. When you fall in need of a particular file, photo or backup your data, you can just log into the cloud account with any phone or computer system and select the file you want to retrieve, and then download it.
Apple Corporation is surely a giant concerning technological products and services. The company is also providing cloud service to its device holders. Apple’s iCloud is another cloud service like Google’s Google Drive and Microsoft One Drive which works on the same principle. But there is a slight difference with the storage capacity provided by these companies. Well, the iCloud service comes with 5 GB storage which can be extended by paying the company.
People keep loads of files and other data in phones or create a new backup of the device, they store it on cloud service, but the Apple’s iCloud does not offer enough space. Hence it becomes a requirement, sometimes, to delete the old files and old backup from iCloud. But some people are finding the backup deletion a little-complicated task. So, if you are also finding the task to delete the data from iCloud difficult, then follow the steps mentioned below and save some storage for the new and useful data.
Here are the steps to delete backup and data from iCloud
Deleting Backup from MacOS Device
- Use Finder to open System Preferences.
- Click iCloud and then select Manage from the bottom right corner.
- Click the Backups button from the left pane menu.
- Select backup you want to remove.
- From the left pane, click the Delete button.
- Now, you will be asked to confirm. Select Delete from the popup.
- Click Done to remove the selected backup file completely.
Deleting Backup from iOS Device
- Tap to open the Settings app of your device.
- Now, select your Apple ID and tap on it.
- Tap on Manage Storage in the iCloud menu.
- Find and tap on Backup.
- Now, select the device of which you want to delete the backup.
- Tap Delete Backup from the bottom of the screen.
- Now, select Turn Off & Delete.
The task to delete the old backups from iCloud is not difficult. As you know how to remove the files from Apple’s cloud service, you can easily clean up the junk files and older or useless data to create more storage space in iCloud.