In order to get a complete experience of the Microsoft’s productivity suite, one must sign up for a Microsoft My Account. With Office My Account, you can get access to your Office apps such as Word, Excel, Office services such as Skype, and subscriptions such as 365 for Enterprise. There is a lot you can do with Office my account. To create or log into one, just visit office.com/myaccount .
What is Microsoft My Account?
MS Office My Account is a lone account where users can access a chunk of their Microsoft apps. All they need is one account, and they can video call their loved ones over Skype, save their pictures on OneDrive, check out their badges on Xbox, etc. Earlier, it was called Windows Live ID. To access MS Office subscriptions, services, etc., one needs to login using their Microsoft account username and password. You can download Microsoft Office setup by logging into your account.
How to Set Up a Microsoft Account?
If you want to get Microsoft Office products, then you need to sign in to your user account. Even if you get the MS Office setup from a retail store, you will need to sign in at the time of activation. Therefore, you must create an Office My Account. The steps for setting up a Microsoft Office My Account are as follows:
- Go to www.office.com/myaccount.
- Click on the Sign Up now option. It is present in the lower right side of the screen.
- Now just enter all the required information in the sign up form. The details needed at the time of creating an account are age, full name, gender, country, etc.
- Set a strong and secure password and confirm it by typing it again.
- Go through the company’s Service and Privacy Agreements and Statement in the next prompt.
- When satisfied with all the details and after subscribing(you may skip) for Microsoft promotions, hit the Create Now button.
- Now, you have successfully created Microsoft Office My Account.
- You can go to office.com/setup and purchase any MS Office product or subscription you want.
How To Update Microsoft Office My Account Profile?
After creating a user account on Microsoft, you might want to personalize the profile in order for it to blend with your individual taste. You can add information about yourself as well as upload a profile picture. Here are the steps for updating Microsoft My Account user profile:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- After signing in, click on your user icon. It is circular in shape and located at the top right side.
- A pull-down menu will come. From that, select the Edit profile option.
- Now, in the user profile page, you can customize the profile.
- To insert a picture, go to the default picture which is present under the username in the top left-hand side corner.
- Click on Change Picture.
- After that, just select a picture you wish to upload and put as your profile picture. Go to the folder where the picture is and click on OK after selecting it.
- You may also drag and drop the picture on the screen.
- Preview the image, and if you find it satisfactory, then click on the Save button.
- Now, refresh the webpage, and you will be able to see the new display picture.
- You may also add private information such as date of birth, contact number, workplace, designation, etc.
How To Access Microsoft Tools?
After logging in to your Office my account, go to the user profile section. Next, to where the Profile tab is, click on the arrow and you will be able to see a list of all the Microsoft services which you can access. Some of these services are:
- Mail: By clicking on this, you can access your Outlook and Hotmail email.
- People: It will contain a list of all your contacts.
- Calendar: It will contain all the meeting, bill payments, etc. schedules and upcoming birthdays and other reminders.
- OneDrive: Share, store, and access all the stored data on the Microsoft’s cloud service.
How To Change Microsoft My Account Password?
Forgot your Microsoft My Account password? Do not worry, follow the step-wise process given below and change your password in no time:
- Head over to www.office.com/myaccount.
- Click on the Sign In button and enter the login details.
- After signing in, click on your profile.
- Now, go to Account Settings from the pull-down list.
- Click on Change password.
- Type in a new password and re-enter the same.
- Click on Next.
- Now log in using the new password.