The Google Chromecast is an emerging media player that takes contents from the Internet and displays them on your TV screen. It is an easy and simple way to stream the video contents right to your TV screen. By using Google Chromecast, you can use your smartphone, tablet or laptop to access the video contents on your TV screen from YouTube, Netflix, the Google Play Store and many more. Thus, the Google Chromecast works as a transmitter between the TV and the streaming provider.
If you’ve purchased a Chromecast and are confused about how do can you set up without running into trouble, read this article and follow the steps given below:
- Take out your Chromecast from its box, and make sure that the Chromecast, wall adapter, and the micro USB to the USB cable are inside the box.
- Here the Micro USB cable needs to be connected to the Chromecast, and then have to insert the broad end of your Chromcast into the open HDMI port on your TV.
- In order to power your Chromecast, you will need to plug in the USB cable.
- If your TV has got a USB power port, you can plug in there.
- As the port will work, a little LED light on your Chromecast will appear. If you don’t see any LED light, you need to remove the USB from the port, then plug it into the wall USB charger, and also, you’ll need to connect the charger into the nearest charging point.
Note: Also, you can purchase an HDMI extender cable for extending the reach of the Chromecast to the nearest charging point.
- Switch on your TV, and switch to the matching HDMI source. You should know you are on the input once the “Set me up” screen appears.
- Now you have to set up your Chromecast by downloading the Google Home app (for tablets and smartphones). Or you’ll need to visit the official website of Chromecast if you set up it with your laptop.
- As soon as you download the app, you will need to accept the terms of service. To do so, tap on the Devices option located on the top right corner of the screen in the Google Home app.
- When you allow the Google Home app to access your location, it starts to find the Chromecast nearest to you.
- And after selecting the Chromecast, you need to tap on the Setup option and then Continue.
- After the app is successfully connected to the Chromecast, tap on the Continue option.
- A code will then pop up on your TV and app. If the match, you will need to tap on the “I See the Code” option.
- Now you can choose a name for your Chromecast (hopefully something exciting and fun) and then again tap on the Continue option.
- Once you are done naming your Chromecast, you then need to set up your Chromecast to connect to a Wi-Fi.
- Once you successfully connect your Chromecast to the Wi-Fi, you are all set up.
Note: If you fail to connect the device to the Wi-Fi, you will need to make sure that your smartphone, tablet or laptop are appropriately linked with the Chromecast. If you are still running into trouble and failed to set up your Chromecast even after following all the guidelines as mentioned earlier, you should contact to the Costumer service of Chromecast. Some of the phones, tablets, and laptops might need special instructions. However, it depends on how old or new version they have.
Thank you for reading. I hope this article will help you in setting up your Chromecast without facing many difficulties.