In Windows 10 operating system, Microsoft has introduced some new features like Xbox App, Cortana on the desktop, the return of Start Menu button, project Spartan browser, improved multitasking, Universal apps, unified Settings and control panel, and more.
Windows 10 installs Windows update by default. Drivers are automatically downloaded and installed in Windows 10 through Windows update. It is likely you already have the most recent software and drivers. It is excellent, but many times the automatically updated drivers may not be the best option for you and others.
However, since updates were obligatory, it caused a lot of trouble and issues. To prevent you from these issues you can disable automatic updates of drives in your Windows 10. And it is also straightforward to do so.
How to stop Automatic updates of the drivers in Windows 10
Follow the steps in your Windows 10 Pc:
- Click on ‘Start button.’
- Search ‘System’ into the search box.
- Open ‘System’ showing control panel.
(You can also open ‘Control Panel’ directly by doing ‘Right-click on Start button>select ‘control panel’>System and Security>System. And continue from step 4).
- Tap on ‘Advanced system settings’ at the left side of your screen.
- Click on ‘Hardware’ tab in system properties window.
- Now, click on ‘Device Installing Settings’ button in the hardware tab.
- Select ‘No, let me choose what to do’ to expand more options.
- Select ‘Never install driver software from Windows Update.’ To prevent automatic installing of driver software from Windows Update. Or you can choose any other option according to you.
- Click on ‘Save Changes’ to finish.
For most of us, the drivers are an accumulation to keep things running smoothly, but sometimes automatic updates drivers will replace your favorite version or better performing version.
Disabling ‘automatic updates drives’ doesn’t mean that you cannot download or install drives in your system. Now, you can manually download and install driver software.